Sphygmomanometer

             "SPHYGMOMANOMETER"

Once I read a word,
It said sphygmomanometer.
Is it something related, I thought,
To meter or centimeter?

Is it related to breadth,
Or is it an instrument?
Is it related to length,
Or is used for measurement?

I took out my dictionary
And took a look.
Thousands of words I saw
In the little pocket-sized book.

Without a second thought I checked 
The words starting with 'S'
Before the meanings in my mind
Made a total mess!

It 'is' some instrument,
I was right about that part.
But to understand the rest of the meaning,
I was not too smart.

I closed the dictionary
And asked my mother.
She said its used to measure
A patient's blood pressure.

"Wow,",I  thought,"such a long word.
It made me think so much".
But before I thought of something else
My mother called me for lunch.

"Bye bye", I said 
To sphygmomanometer.
"After all you aren't related
To meter or centimeter!!!

 ....Shravani Kelapure✎
 For Readers: The pronunciation of ''sphygmomanometer'' is
                    's-fig-mo-mano-meter'.

                                                

                         

Comments

Post a Comment

Take a look at the "MOST VIEWED"

เคตीเคฐ เคœเคŸाเคฏु ....

Joy in Small Things

Silent Teachers

LOL Verses

She is...

เคคाเคฐा เคฐाเคจी เค•ी เค•เคนाเคจी

High Expectations

What Does Your Heart Tell You?

The Diamond Necklace