Joy in Small Things

                    


Once when I was small
I sat down and began to draw.
I drew a little hut
And decorated it with straw.

The straw kept falling off,
There wasn't enough glue.
But I finished the whole glue for it,
I honestly tell you.

Then I drew two little windows
And a tiny brown door.
A big flat mud wall
And a huge muddy floor.

Then I took some cotton
And made clouds from it.
I then drew a sun
And could no longer sit.

I got up and went to my family
And displayed the drawing I made.
All of them appreciated it
"Very good!" was what they said.

These were the joyful moments
As a child that I had.
A child who never knew
What was it to be sad.

Joy in small things 
Is what I learn from that day,
I also learn to see the things 
In a much positive way.

...Shravani Kelapure

Comments

  1. Great expression, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful dear Shravani. Keep it up beta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful n thoughtful expressions

    ReplyDelete
  4. to see more, plz click on the arrow on the top left of the page. when you get all posts, scroll down to click on 'more posts' for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Search the following in the searchbar on top right hand side of the page to get different posts classified into various groups:

    -POETRYpoems
    -STORIESasPoems
    -CREATIVEwriting
    -ESSENTIALhumour

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Take a look at the "MOST VIEWED"

เคตीเคฐ เคœเคŸाเคฏु ....

Silent Teachers

LOL Verses

She is...

เคคाเคฐा เคฐाเคจी เค•ी เค•เคนाเคจी

High Expectations

Sphygmomanometer

What Does Your Heart Tell You?

The Diamond Necklace